About Heritage Grade
Heritage Grade, a division of Asbex Ltd., is one of Canada’s leading heritage restoration companies. Since 1994, Heritage Grade has been a leader in the restoration and conservation of heritage buildings and monuments throughout Canada. From Parliament Hill in Ottawa to Confederation Hall in PEI, Heritage Grade has restored many of the most iconic and historically significant buildings and monuments in North America.
Why Heritage Grade?
You will have the opportunity to be part of a team working on some of the most challenging and high-profile restoration projects in Canada. You will be in a highly collaborative work environment that will challenge you to come up with innovative solutions on projects that are important to all Canadians. Your work will be important and memorable. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that millions of people will see your work and be awed by its beauty.
Our Company and Projects:
- Are collegial and collaborative
- Are never boring: every project, every day is something different
In addition, we provide great learning and career advancement opportunities.
The Project Coordinator assists in planning, scheduling, and organizing the activities of the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project, under the direct supervision and in collaboration with the Project Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
1. Responsibility: Delivery of Projects
- Monitor the progress onsite and in the restoration shop
- Provide daily reports on the progress of the projects to the Project Manager and key staff
- Arrange for the delivery and pick-up of various materials required
- Perform photo documentation and create condition report surveys
- Keep an organized file system to locate pictures and data
- Attend site/shop meetings with the client
- Prepare RFI’s and submittals.
2. Responsibility: Project Administrative Activities
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
3. Responsibility: Purchasing and Replenishment
- Inventory hardware/materials being used on the project
- Source replacement materials
- Forecast when materials will run out
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers/vendors.
4. Other responsibilities and duties as required
- Completion of a College Diploma or University Degree in Heritage Restoration or a related program.
- Strong computer literacy, experience with Google, web applications, etc.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, with a focus on Excel.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in English.
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
- Good knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and respects Health and Safety at the workplace.
- Certifications in WHMIS 2015, MOL 4-step or 5-step, and Working at Heights training programs are a strong asset.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Works in an organized, methodical and effective manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think on feet/problem solve.
- Proactive and works well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able and willing to work flexible work hours, 8-hour shifts, primarily days.
- Available for overtime, when required.
- Occasional travel within Canada may be required.
- Must be able to obtain a PWGSC security clearance, which includes passing a criminal records check. Site clearance for Parliament Hill or Secret II level clearance is a strong asset.
If you have the passion, skills and experience that Heritage Grade (a division of Asbex Ltd.) is seeking, we invite you to apply online to join our professional and motivated team. Heritage Grade, a division of Asbex Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates.
Note: Criminal checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring and is an ongoing requirement for Security Clearances.
Asbex Ltd. is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
All COVID-19 protocols and strictly followed and enforced.