About Asbex Environmental Contractors
Founded in 1989, Asbex has quickly grown to become the Ottawa region’s leading environmental contractor. Asbex Environmental Contractors’ top quality services have allowed us to develop a high level of expertise in abatement services. Having successfully completed over 10,000 projects in the last 20 years, Asbex is committed to excellence.
Why Asbex Environmental Contractors?
At Asbex, we take safety and compliance very seriously. We invest heavily in advanced training programs for all of our staff and workers. Our asbestos technicians are trained to a standard that meets and exceeds all Provincial and Federal standards. Our highly trained technicians are able to complete difficult projects in a timely manner. Our seamless integration into commercial and residential projects has set Asbex apart from our competition by minimizing the complications of working with hazardous materials.
Follow a set of procedures to control the release of, or remove, asbestos fibers from asbestos-containing materials. Pay and benefits will be paid in line with the Local 200 IUPAT Collective Agreement.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Be or become a member of the Local 200 International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess good English language skills
- Ability to wear a respirator and coveralls up to 8 hours per day.
- Able to follow instructions and work independently, as well as on a team
- Knowledge of job site safety rules and regulations (Occupational Health and Safety)
- Must be reliable, punctual, highly organized
- Can lift, carry, move up to 26kg/57lbs without assistance and up to 34kg/75lbs with assistance
- Must have completed the 253W 2-day Training Course with the Union.
- Must be willing to pass the 253H Training Course with the Union after commencing work with Asbex.
- Must have a PWGSC security clearance (Secret Level 2 or Reliability).
If you have the passion, skills and experience that Asbex is seeking, we invite you to apply online. Asbex Environmental Contractors is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates.
Note: Criminal checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring and is an ongoing requirement for Security Clearances.
Asbex is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Thank you to all applicants in advance. We will be in contact only with those selected for an interview.
Note that wages are paid in line with the collective agreement.
Hazardous Material Workers Trainees:
Up to 1800 hours worked (All benefits, vacation pay, except pension): $26.27/hour
1801 – 3600 hours worked (All benefits, vacation pay, except pension): $28.51/hour
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $26.27 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you willing to wear a respirator up to 8 hours per day while working?
- Can you lift, carry, move up to 26kg/57lbs without assistance and up to 34kg/75lbs with assistance
- Are you authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- asbestos abatement: 1 year (required)
- security clearance (Level 2 Secret or Reliability). (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-19