About Heritage Grade
Heritage Grade, a division of Asbex Ltd., is one of Canada’s leading heritage restoration companies. Since 1994, Heritage Grade has been a leader in the restoration and conservation of heritage buildings and monuments throughout Canada. From Parliament Hill in Ottawa to Confederation Hall in PEI, Heritage Grade has restored many of the most iconic and historically significant buildings and monuments in North America.
Why Heritage Grade?
You will have the opportunity to be part of a team working on some of the most challenging and high-profile restoration projects in Canada. You will be in a highly collaborative work environment that will challenge you to come up with innovative solutions on projects that are important to all Canadians. Your work will be important and memorable. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that millions of people will see your work and be awed by its beauty.
Our Company and Projects:
· Are collegial and collaborative
· Are never boring: every project, every day is something different
In addition, we provide great learning and career advancement opportunities.
The Welder/Fabricator performs duties in the steel fabrication shop related to all elements of steel fabrication and welding. Duties primarily involve welding processes but also include operating basic hand tools, component assembly, operating metal fabrication equipment including saws, drills, and grinders that are associated with structural steel fabrication.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
1. Perform welding operations using several welding processes, including
Historic restoration of decorative metal, such as stainless steel, bronze, cast and aluminum.
2. Operate basic hand tools and powered hand tools, i.e. drills, disc grinders, etc.
3. Operate equipment as described in company procedures
· Metal cutting saws
· Cutting Torches
· Material handling equipment
4. Perform work safely and follow established work procedures.
5. Perform housekeeping duties.
6. Use equipment appropriately and report equipment that requires servicing or repair.
7. Perform general tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
8. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
Other Experience or Training:
· Minimum of 1 year of experience as a welder.
• CWB Certification in several welding processes is an asset.
· Basic knowledge of structural steel shapes, sizes and grades
· Basic reading and writing skills
· Able to perform physically demanding work
· Ability to communicate orally.
· Ability to work in cold and hot environments.
· Aptitude in using appropriate tools (cutting saws, torches, drills, material handling equipment, grinders, etc.)
· Conscientious with great attention to detail
· Able to follow instructions and work well independently and as part of a team
· Knowledge and respect of job site safety rules and regulations (Occupational Health and Safety)
· Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
· Must be reliable, punctual, highly organized
· Must have a strong work ethic
· Available for overtime, when required
· Must be clean-shaven to be able to wear a fitted respirator up to eight hours per day.
· Adaptable to last-minute schedule changes.
· Able to obtain PWGSC security clearance, including fingerprinting and a criminal record check (mandatory).
· Can lift, carry, move up to 26kg/57lbs without assistance and up to 34kg/75lbs with assistance
Note: Criminal checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring and is an ongoing requirement for Security Clearances.
Asbex is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Thank you to all applicants in advance. We will be in contact only with those selected for an interview.
Application Deadline: 2021-09-10
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour