About Heritage Grade
Heritage Grade, a division of Asbex Ltd., is one of Canada’s leading heritage restoration companies. Since 1994, Heritage Grade has been a leader in the restoration and conservation of heritage buildings and monuments throughout Canada. From Parliament Hill in Ottawa to Confederation Hall in PEI, Heritage Grade has restored many of the most iconic and historically significant buildings and monuments in North America.
Why Heritage Grade?
Heritage Grade values its employees as people and skilled technicians/artists. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team working on some of the most challenging and high-profile restoration projects in Canada. You will be in a highly collaborative work environment that will challenge you to come up with innovative solutions on projects that are important to all Canadians. Your work will be important and memorable. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that millions of people will see your work and be awed by its beauty.
Our Company and Projects:
· Are collegial and collaborative
· Are never boring: every project, every day is something different
In addition, we provide great learning and career advancement opportunities.
The Quality Control Inspector upholds the safety regulations of our company and works with the Workshop Leaders to ensure our work meets or exceeds quality expectations by performing regular product evaluations, recording inspection results, and recommending improvements to the workshop processes.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES & DUTIES
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming materials and assets from customers and outgoing assets for shipping to ensure they meet quality standards, return assets for necessary repairs at previous states of production, and tag items for rejection.
- Create tests for quality control of products.
- Monitor production operations to ensure conformance to customer specifications throughout the implementation of the project.
- Work with the Metal Shop Manager and Wood Shop Leads to direct process adjustments to ensure operations reflect high quality standards and teach the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
- Communicate the results of inspections and corrective actions to the Shop Manager/Shop Leads to resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner and maintain a tracking system with this information.
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations and coordinate the corrective action with Metal Shop Manager and Wood Shop Leads.
- Read blueprints, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of assets and services.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- Create Guidelines of Standardization, including photo documentation of unacceptable and acceptable occurrences.
- Create quality benchmarks with timeframes for production activities.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing non-compliance reports with corrective actions, and follow-up on these reports.
- Support other activities as required by company requirements and management direction and perform other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma is required.
- College diploma, technical certification or bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Certification in quality control is a strong asset.
Other Experience or Training:
- Proven experience as a quality control inspector is required and quality control experience in the in the same industry is preferred.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, and work orders.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Good math and technical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good knowledge about industry products and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required and in French are an asset.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Quality is of paramount importance to us! You must have high standards of work and can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a team setting.
- Excellent understanding of safety risks in a metal and wood manufacturing operation and are focused on safety first.
- Ability to meet schedule deadlines, while maintaining highest standard of quality.
- Ability to work for regular and overtime hours (when scheduled or required).
- Must have good manual (hand) dexterity.
- Must have a positive attitude and great interpersonal skills.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Must be familiar with a variety of hand tools.
- Must have a confident, friendly and great service-related demeanor.
- Must be highly organized.
- Ability to travel for work, when required.
- Able to obtain PWGSC security clearance, including fingerprinting and a criminal record check (mandatory).
If you have the passion, skills and experience that Asbex is seeking, we invite you to apply online. Heritage Grade, a subsidiary of Asbex Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates.
Note: Criminal checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring and is an ongoing requirement for Security Clearances.
Asbex is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Thank you to all applicants in advance. We will be in contact only with those selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday