HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Asbex Ltd., parent of Asbex Environmental Contractors, a leader in environmental abatement, and
Heritage Grade, a leader in architectural restoration, is seeking a Human Resources Manager to build and
champion its HR function. The HR Manager will develop, implement, monitor and evaluate all aspects of
the HR function for Asbex and Heritage Grade (collectively “Asbex”) including: staffing and recruitment,
compensation and benefits, employee and labour relations, performance management, workers
compensation, employee policies, training, and development. Reporting to the CEO, the HR Manager will
serve as an objective resource to all employees and managers. Asbex looks forward to welcoming the
right person to join their team as the HR Manager who will bring the organization to the next level. Is that
• Oversee recruitment and selection and onboarding initiatives
• Develop and implement employee policies & procedures aligned with Asbex’s culture, values, business
• Monitor and respond to changing provincial and federal legislation affecting HR
• Advise on HR practices as they relate to occupational health and safety.
• Manage compensation and benefits programs, communication, and education to all staff
• Develop a relevant and sustainable performance review process
• Oversee the formation and implementation of training and development programs for all staff
• Facilitate talent reviews, workforce planning, organizational development initiatives as required
• Seek resolutions to employee relations and labour relations issues within the parameters of the company policies, employment legislation, and as relevant, the Collective Labour Agreement.
• Assist with negotiations and grievances as required.
• Undergraduate degree in business/human resources or related discipline or equivalent
• Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or actively working towards completion
with a commitment to complete within one year
• 4 to 5 years progressive HR generalist experience with strong knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g.
Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Human Rights, Health & Safety)
• Experience in the construction sector an asset
• Experience working with unionized employees and collective agreements an asset
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, preferably in both official languages
• Strong critical analysis, problem-solving, planning, decision-making, and leadership skills.
• A proven track record of successfully meeting objectives with strong abilities to organize and prioritize work, manage projects, be proactive
• Experience, comfort, and ability to work with all levels of employees.
• Comfortable pushing back and dealing with complex matters with diplomacy, integrity, respect.
• Strong computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Occasional travel within Canada may be required
• Proven skills in building effective partnerships, collaboration, staff engagement, team-building, mentoring
• Must be able to obtain a PWGSC security clearance
If you have the passion, skills and experience that Asbex is seeking, we invite you to send us your
application in confidence to Irene Lis at email@example.com by June 16, 2021. Asbex is an
equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates.
Note: Criminal checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring and is an ongoing
requirement for Security Clearances.
Asbex is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during all parts of the
hiring process, upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Thank you to all applicants in advance. We will be in contact only with those selected for an interview.